Made in France
The Jaxon Basque Beret is Made in France. To reach the factory, one flies into Lourdes (famous destination for Catholic pilgrims visiting the grotto where in 1858 Bernadette Soubirous had visions of the Virgin Mary) and heads east into the Pyrenees Mountains, heart of Basque country. The nearly 200-year old factory makes our beret from European-made felt, impermeable (waterproof) pure virgin wool. The sweatband is genuine leather. There is a thin line of synthetic material banding the leather sweatband. A satin lining is sewn at the interior tip (but not on the sides so that the felt will not suffocate your head – breathing combined with warmth is the objective). A label that includes the Jaxon logo reads "Authentic Basque Beret, Impermeable Pure Virgin Wool" is sewn (not glued) to the lining.
This is a fine example of an Authentic French Basque beret. It is an improvement over our previous Jaxon Basque Beret in that the fit is superior. Put it on and look in the mirror. Voila!
- Small (55cm) - Approx. 10 1/2" diameter
- Medium (57cm) - Approx. 10 3/4" diameter
- Large (59cm) - Approx. 11" diameter
- X-Large (61cm) - Approx. 11 1/8" diameter
- XX-Large (63cm) - Approx. 11 1/4" diameter
- Satin lining
- Stem on top of hat
- Red trim with stitched detailing on inside
- Impermeable Waterproof: can survive a drizzle but not a downpour
- Beret will not shrink when you let it air dry.